Re: New unbreakable encryption method

I call the method "Perpetual One Time Pad", or POTP for short. I
considered calling it Perpetual One Use Pad, but I thought POUP wasn't
a good nickname for it:).

This scheme does not have the same security as the OTP. You can easily
see this because in the OTP each bit of the pad is a probability of
0.5 of being 0 or 1. The security proof for the OTP depends on the
fact that each bit of the pad is truly random.

In your scheme, with a given key and a given collection of pads, the
probability of a given bit being a zero or a one is certain; it's a
computation based upon the contents of the pad, key and message.

Your scheme is ambiguous and thus I can't comment further until source-
code is provided.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Use of Pseudo Random Generators for One Time Pad?
    ... > does not qualify for use in a One-Time Pad. ... > but without ideal security". ... It's the same operation as encrypting with a stream cipher, ... true random otp. ...
  • Re: problem with DES (Data Encryption Standard)
    ... > This is why I say the user must pad the data. ... > whose value is the number of padding chars used. ... This isn't a great practice when working with binary data -- any binary data a multiple of the block length that happens to end with the byte 0x01, for example, will be corrupted. ... Another suggestion on this thread was to pad with 0xFF -- such a scheme is also not reversible and would corrupt binary data. ...
  • Re: Simple XOR to encrypt files?
    ... The security of the scheme depends on the fact that to break ... it you need to read almost all of the pad. ... an attacker could ever feasibly read, then the scheme is secure. ...
  • Rack alternatives?
    ... The scheme I've settled ... on is just pads and straps with the boat upside down and backwards. ... fact I use an inner tube as the pad on top of the cab. ... why I would want to buy a rack. ...
  • Re: multi time pad to seed other cypher
    ... > Lets say you have a symmetric cipher with a 256 bit key. ... > Obviously this method depends on the security of the symmetric cipher. ... One Time Pads (OTP) are just used once. ... Since OTP can be big, an entire hard disk for instance, a pad ...