Re: Message Confidentiality and Integrity - Prepend Hash versus Append Hash

On Aug 10, 2:27 pm, Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,

On Aug 9, 10:10 pm, biject <biject.b...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[SNIP]

There is a way out.
I see bad that either approach has weaknesses. However this if you
first do a UNBWTS of (m || h(m))
then do your Encryption pass it would be much stronger than either
doing it before or after or seperately. My on choice would be to treat
message as bits for the UNBWTS but bytes would still work.

I haven't had any success with a CBC/MAC change. I don't believe they
will buy into anything that is not FIPS approved.

Well if you stuck with dumb management which is a growing problem
then
just do what they think makes them happy and your better off not
really
caring if it works. Maybe someday you could work for the competition
and
get a chance to do it right.

David A. Scott
--
My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip

  • Re: Encyption of two 256-blocks
    ... If I understand what you ask is that ignoring encryption ... combined to a Y0 Y1 where the Y0 is exactly all ZERO. ... Since BWTS and UNBWTS are opposites and I recommended ... using UNBWTS you would take the string where first 4 bits ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • THE SIMPLIEST SAFE CIPHER CHALLENGE?
    ... the special binary BWTS and UNBWTS and then ... test key using the exact same message the ... Thats the power of BWTS and UNBWTS its more ... My Crypto code ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • UNBWTS vs BWT for pre-encryption pass
    ... This kind of encryption is what most beginners come up with as ... BWTS and UNBWTS since that would be better but one could use the ... What about doing a binay UNBWTS on text before an encryption pass. ... Its seems as with compression on text or most useful files. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Message Confidentiality and Integrity - Prepend Hash versus Append Hash
    ... [SNIP] ... I see bad that either approach has weaknesses. ... message as bits for the UNBWTS but bytes would still work. ... will buy into anything that is not FIPS approved. ...
    (sci.crypt)