Re: EC Key Derivation Problem

On Mar 13, 4:39 pm, Fabrice <fabrice.gaut...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Assuming a EC Private Key "a", and the public key "A=a.P"

I'm looking for a Private Key Derivation Function "f" and a Public Key
Derivation function "F" such that if "b=f(a,k)", then "B=b.P=F(A,k)"

Does such functions exist ?

Actually I am sure they do (by definition) but do they have the
following properties:
- Is the knowledge of F gives any information about a, b, k or f ?
- Is the knowledge of f, k and b gives any information about a ?
- Is the knowledge of F, A and k gives any information about a or b ?
- Is the knowledge of F, B and A gives any information about k, a, or
b ?
- etc...

The main purpose is to be able to compute the derived Public Key
without knowing the private root key.

Thanks

What about: f(a,k)=a*k and F(A,k)=k.A

Then:
b=f(a,k)=a*k (in Fp)
so:
F=(A,k)=k.A=k.(a.P)=(k*a).P=b.P=B ?

Does this works?

  • Re: EC Key Derivation Problem
    ... Fabrice wrote: ... I'm looking for a Private Key Derivation Function "f" and a Public Key ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • EC Key Derivation Problem
    ... I'm looking for a Private Key Derivation Function "f" and a Public Key ... without knowing the private root key. ...
    (sci.crypt)