Re: Authentication with Diffie-Hellman, and using multiple assymetric keys together in sequence

F_r_e_e_d <kristian.freed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the general form, is responding successfully to a challenge of
decrypting E_K1(E_K2(...E_Kn(challenge))) as secure as managing to
respond successfully to the individual challenges of E_K1(challenge),
E_K2(challenge), ..., E_Kn(challenge)?

Naïvely, I'd expect this to be true. (I'm assuming independent challenges
in the second case, otherwise the second case is insecure...)

--
Kristian Gjøsteen

  • Re: hiding a counter
    ... made impractical, the scheme is secure. ... applying a sufficient effort of 'brute force' to the problem. ... prevented from decrypting the data, ... tamper-proof device and just extract the supposed-to-be secret ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Botnets, IRC servers and firewalls?
    ... when you *effectively* tell your Consumers about building and ... managing a secure and efficient network they will often listen. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Medical Question
    ... expert medical answers to medical questions in simple language. ... information for managing your health in a secure, simple, and cost- ...
    (sci.med)