RE: Book on Pre-MATH for cryptography and cryptanalysis. Reply

<rolof789@xxxxxxxx> writes:
If my knowledge of mathamatics only extends to High school grade,
what areas of Math would I need to know before I could read and
understand works on cryptography by such authors as F. Bauer,
Koblitz ro Applied Cryptography by B Schneier ?

I liked "Concrete Mathematics" by Knuth, Graham, and Patashnik.
That book has gotten a little bit old by now so maybe there are
newer suggestions.

Paul,

James Street's review of this book on Amazon scared the crap out of me.
It looks like this is a book for me to aspire to. If this is what it takes for me to
get my mind around cryptography, then so be it. However, i think i need to cover
some material before embarking on this book.

I am starting to get the picture that discrete math is quite important in cryptography.
But its a big field. do I need all of it?

rol

.