Re: wanted opinions: Powercrypt 2000 (text encryption)

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:32:05 -0500, Mike Amling <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<snip>

I looked at about 20 of the AES implementation's 538 lines, and it
does not look optimal. But unless you're DJB, it doesn't have to be.

I know who DJB (Dan Berstein) is, and of his many contributions (AES
timing attack, SALSA20, POLY1305, etc) as do most here.

I feel stupid for asking, but it seems you are saying this tongue in
cheek, and I want to get the joke.

"But unless you're DJB, it doesn't have to be." <<< What do you mean?

--Mike Amling

Thanks, Mike.

  • Re: Meganets "unbreakable" cryptography? Im skeptical.
    ... <big snip> ... written in _BASIC_ for pete's sake! ... dialect from a fringe player in the programming language arena. ... Hell, a program could be based on RSA, DH, Twofish and AES et al and I wouldn't ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Cohens paper on byte order
    ... > Although AES interface objects should technically be encoded and exchanged ... Indeed AES deals only with a bit string and it is ... or conversion protocol is done wrong. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Filter logic for forwarding and deleting Junk?
    ... AES wrote: ... [snip by jr] ... looks for the same criteria you mentioned, but where the Recipient is ... And, just curious, why would a junk score of>98 mean a false negative? ...
    (comp.mail.eudora.mac)
  • Re: lectro stereo reciever
    ... Thats the blurb from the MIX AES show report. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: Rock & Roll Declared Dead
    ... The burning question is will you ever make that much from ... near sounding like some previously written, established songs - don't bother - it's a world of shit!) ...
    (rec.music.makers.songwriting)