Re: wanted opinions: Powercrypt 2000 (text encryption)

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
r.e.s. wrote:

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
r.e.s. wrote:

If a provider of encryption software doesn't provide the source code,
how do you know they or their friends won't have full access to
whatever
you "encrypt" with it?

You're talking as if open source software would be much better wrt.
trust...

Yes, definitely. There can be a "trust factor" favoring software that
__I__ compile or interpret __myself__ using open source that's
transparent
to __me__,

You're talking as if open source would imply transparency...

You're twisting my words. I said no such thing.

and which has also been publically cryptanalysed by experts.

Please don't twist algorithm and implementation.

If you were not so bent on being condescending, you might not
insist on reading everything in the least favorable light.

I have no more to say to you. Have a nice day.

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ OPEN SOURCE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... open source performance management and metrics ... open source software utilities ... free open source balanced scorecard ...
    (sci.techniques.microscopy)
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ OPEN SOURCE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... open source portfolio management software ... open source software export controls ofac ... free open source downloads ... open source windows dns server ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Calling GPL code from a Python application
    ... they have told me that it's illegal for me to develop an inhouse application using the Open Source edition of Qt, unless I convince the people at my univ to _release_ the code I've written under a GPL-compatible open source license itself. ... Possibly they have a GPL-compatible license that adds that requirement. ... What they are doing is prohibiting *in their commercial license* that you apply it on projects previously developed under the GPLed QT. ... Software developed with the Qt Open Source Edition is always open source software, i.e. it can only be distributed under a open source software license. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: [OT] An interesting view of Linuxs cost
    ... > open source software for many reasons. ... > Yes, you can get money for write software, but if you can get money ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves
    ... However, that is not why a lot of open source software is written, and ... Large companies are involved in open source because it is more cost ... They wanted to ensure a strategy Tivo partook in didn't happen again, ... How about if I justified it saying "you can still use the card", ...
    (Fedora)