Re: wanted opinions: Powercrypt 2000 (text encryption)

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
r.e.s. wrote:

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
r.e.s. wrote:

If a provider of encryption software doesn't provide the source code,
how do you know they or their friends won't have full access to
you "encrypt" with it?

You're talking as if open source software would be much better wrt.

Yes, definitely. There can be a "trust factor" favoring software that
__I__ compile or interpret __myself__ using open source that's
to __me__,

You're talking as if open source would imply transparency...

You're twisting my words. I said no such thing.

and which has also been publically cryptanalysed by experts.

Please don't twist algorithm and implementation.

If you were not so bent on being condescending, you might not
insist on reading everything in the least favorable light.

I have no more to say to you. Have a nice day.