Re: Beginner Question:Gnupg Decryption

"MichiMichi" <wwwmike@xxxxxx> (07-03-25 22:14:02):

When I encrypt an email message with gnupg for multiple email
recipients and then decrypt it again, I was under the assumption that
I would need to specify both, the private keys passphrase and the key-
id in order to decrypt

[...]

That made me think. If one email recipients uses a weak key, other
email recipients could burteforce the message and easily detect weak
passwords.

Do I miss something here?

Yes, GnuPG chooses the appropriate key automatically.

Regards,
Ertugrul Söylemez.

--
From the fact that this CGI program has been written in Haskell, it
follows naturally that this CGI program is perfectly secure.

  • Beginner Question:Gnupg Decryption
    ... When I encrypt an email message with gnupg for multiple email ... id in order to decrypt ... If one email recipients uses a weak key, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Beginner Question:Gnupg Decryption
    ... I would need to specify both, the private keys passphrase and the key- ... id in order to decrypt ... email recipients could burteforce the message and easily detect weak ... From the fact that this CGI program has been written in Haskell, ...
    (sci.crypt)