Re: Question on modular algebra

On 16 mar, 10:54, "Dani Camps" <danicamp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15 mar, 16:46, Peter Pearson <ppear...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 14 Mar 2007 08:43:26 -0700, Dani Camps <danicamp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

I have a sequence generated with the following expression

A(x)=(d + a*x) (mod n)

Where 0<=d<n, and a and n are coprimes, i.e gcd(a,n)=1.
[snip]
Consider r consecutive values of the sequence A(x)
starting from 0, so {A(0) ... A(r-1)} where 0<=r<n. What I
want to know is how many values of the subset {A(0)
... A(r-1)} are above my threshold j.

An approximate solution would be simple. Do you need an
exact solution? Faster than just counting them?

Hi,

What I am looking for is the exact value in a close formula. I need
this in order to proof something, so I am not interested in an
algorithm. Do you have any idea ? An approximation, or better a bound,
can be a starting point.

Best Regards

Dani

Actually what I need to proof is that r/(m-1) is bigger than sth, so I
need a lower bound for r/(m-1). Where r is the lentgh of the sequence,
and m is the number of elements in the sequence {A(0) ... A(r-1)}
above/below the threshold j.

Regards

Daniel

  • Re: Question on modular algebra
    ... A} are above my threshold j. ... and m is the number of elements in the sequence {A... ... Or is the lower bound to be taken over some other domain than all combinations? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Ron Okimoto and the Gap Problem
    ... isn't relative to some other sequence. ... The ebg sequence didn't evolve from a LacZ sequence. ... significantly smaller beneficial lactase. ... information is likely to reveal a much smaller threshold. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Ron Okimoto and the Gap Problem
    ... ever found by random mutation. ... The minimum threshold size is very much related to the minimum gap ... usually is the result of linking of pre-existing subsystems, proteins, ... between beneficial sequences in sequence space at different structural ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Most valuable poster
    ... Matt Silberstein wrote: ... You still confuse function with structure and ignore sequence. ... minimum threshold requirements for a specific type of function to work. ... options increases exponentially when higher and higher levels of ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Ron Okimoto and the Gap Problem
    ... structural threshold requirement. ... the cytochrome c sequence were changed too much. ... That depends upon the size of the gene pool. ... one mutation of a beneficial target drop to one. ...
    (talk.origins)