Re: Question on modular algebra

On 15 mar, 16:46, Peter Pearson <ppear...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14 Mar 2007 08:43:26 -0700, Dani Camps <danicamp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

I have a sequence generated with the following expression

A(x)=(d + a*x) (mod n)

Where 0<=d<n, and a and n are coprimes, i.e gcd(a,n)=1.
[snip]
Consider r consecutive values of the sequence A(x)
starting from 0, so {A(0) ... A(r-1)} where 0<=r<n. What I
want to know is how many values of the subset {A(0)
... A(r-1)} are above my threshold j.

An approximate solution would be simple. Do you need an
exact solution? Faster than just counting them?

Hi,

What I am looking for is the exact value in a close formula. I need
this in order to proof something, so I am not interested in an
algorithm. Do you have any idea ? An approximation, or better a bound,
can be a starting point.

Best Regards

Dani

  • Re: Question on modular algebra
    ... A} are above my threshold j. ... An approximate solution would be simple. ... Faster than just counting them? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Warning to newbies
    ... Which gives an approximate solution, ... annealling algorithm. ... professional certification, such as is requiredfor engineers, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • L2 and H1 Relative Error
    ... Firstly, is my consideration true? ... where 'ue' is the exact solution and 'ua' is the approximate solution. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: piecewise linear 1D finite element method
    ... high accuracy at the finite element nodes: Is this a coincidence, ... the approximate solution always agree with the exact solution at the grid ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: Question on modular algebra
    ... A} are above my threshold j. ... An approximate solution would be simple. ... Or is the lower bound to be taken over some other domain than all ... directly related with, that's why I wanted first to find a ...
    (sci.crypt)