Re: the bit-length relationship of RSA's key pair

On 3月13日, 下午9时58分, "bobic" <fblo...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, everyone!

I want to know what's the bit-length relationship of RSA's key pair.

For example, n is 1024-bit, e (public key) is x-bit, then what is the
bit-length of d (private key)?

Thanks in advance!

Bobic

Thank you all! In fact, I want to compare the timing of RSA with that
of ElGamal. If n and p are both 1024-bit, I was told that the
exponent's bit-length determines the timing.

As we know, for ElGamal, the exponent's bit-length is 160-bit, while
for RSA I have no idea about know. I just know that e usually equals
to 65537, and d must larger than n^{0.3}.

Thanks!

.