Re: the bit-length relationship of RSA's key pair

On 3月13日, 下午9时58分, "bobic" <fblo...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, everyone!

I want to know what's the bit-length relationship of RSA's key pair.

For example, n is 1024-bit, e (public key) is x-bit, then what is the
bit-length of d (private key)?

Thanks in advance!

Bobic

Thank you all! In fact, I want to compare the timing of RSA with that
of ElGamal. If n and p are both 1024-bit, I was told that the
exponent's bit-length determines the timing.

As we know, for ElGamal, the exponent's bit-length is 160-bit, while
for RSA I have no idea about know. I just know that e usually equals
to 65537, and d must larger than n^{0.3}.

Thanks!

  • Re: VPN: RSA vs Pre-Shared
    ... I use rsa-encr or rsa-sig, ... With either of the RSA methods, you will need to generate an RSA key pair on each router. ... RSA-ENCR requires manual entry of the peer's public key into your local config. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: PGP scripting...
    ... It looks like you're talking about how RSA works. ... public key consists of the modulus and the public exponent. ... >> private key is by definition also in possession of the public key. ...
    (SecProg)
  • Re: VPN: RSA vs Pre-Shared
    ... Pre-shared keys are the least secure, and I don't use them for site-to-site VPNs. ... With either of the RSA methods, you will need to generate an RSA key pair on each router. ... RSA-ENCR requires manual entry of the peer's public key into your local config. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: how to create a file with copy/read denied to it
    ... This refers to RSA. ... She then encrypts the message digest with her private key, ... decrypts the signature with Alice's public key to recover the ... RSA decryption algorithm is used to *encrypt* the plaintext and vice ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: How to verify a SignedData with Crypto++
    ... When I said CAPICOM does not support some of the algorithms, ... My problem is that I can't get the Crypto++ to verify the signature ... signature (RSA) using the public key and get the digest. ...
    (sci.crypt)