Re: The crazy encryption madmans codebook

On 3 Mar, 10:06, "Joseph Ashwood" <ashw...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<j...@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message

The only thing i do not follow is why the word *telephone* can not be
encoded to any word in the database.
Why would it not be possible, the offset number is just an integer
dependent on former decoded text,
used to find the right value.

Because k*i mod x is biased when x is not prime, hence the short loop
discussion previously. This is where the i=2, x=10 came in in the
explaination,

2*1 mod 10 = 2
2*2 mod 10 = 4
2*3 mod 10 = 8
2*4 mod 10 = 6
2*5 mod 10 = 2
2*6 mod 10 = 4
2*7 mod 10 = 8
2*8 mod 10 = 6
2*9 mod 10 = 2
2*10 mod 10 = 4
it keeps looping.

Since 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 never appear the resulting value is clearly biased.

This is an assymetric crypto.

Not in any way shape or form is this assymmetric.

And for how to actually create the offset number i just throw forward
a fast idea, of course much more could be found using and oneway
encoding algorithm or hash over some chosen letter from the earlier
decoded plaintext.

That would suffer the same bias problem. And still would not address the key
space issue, in order to approach the capability of a 128-bit cipher block
would require 5 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 petabytes of storage, and
that assumes you use every possible 16-byte code instead of phrases which
will be enormously longer requiring much more space.

Maybe you did agree about telephone would be possible to encode to any
madman valure in the database and did disagree about something else,
or i just missunderstod you.

I think you're not understanding a large portion of what I'm saying.
Joe

I will try to be *a little* more precise if you lay out the text
little more.
It certainly would be easier if you told me what k and i, i guess k is
keyword and i is integer or index?

Example: Suppose database ranging 0-5 000 000 indexed word and phrases
where each entry have an index, realworld word or phrase and a madman
word or phrase.

At this point we have a codebook with one to one relation between
realword phrase and madman phrase

By using earlier *decoded* text it would be possible to create what i
would call *offset keys* an offset key is used to encode *one and just
one phrase*,
Because of that each offset key can not have more entropy then the
actual average length of text to encode, otherwise we would run out of
keymaterial.

However it would not be a good idea to use an algorithm that can be
reversed to find the *offset text key*. So we would have to find an
approach/algorithm that do not compromise the text "characters/
letters" when used off course you could use a hash algorithm that put
out values with a range from 0-5 000 000. Because we want collisions
in the algorithm. An easy way to get collisions is by using anagrams.
By let the characters be multiplicated with eachoter, we assure that
if the key is 6 letter we have 6! of equvivalent values that actually
will give same result.

Suppose the encoding key for the specific phrase"this is big" is
letter of course you should not pick characters next to eachother but
this is an example.

l*e*t*t*e*r=r*e*l*e*t*t so for any hashed entry we infact have 6!
possible keys before applying the hash that put out the hashvalue for
the database. You can of course let the hash but out bigger values
then 5 000 000 and search the database circular this will make things
even harder.

I hope i've been clear so far.

I basically say that i can encrypt the word *telephone* to have any
*madman phrase* let us say have telephone have the indexvalue 3456789
in the database.

Since this is a phrase database we say average phrase to encode 16
letters, this will give us 16 bytes of keymaterial for each key (how
we pick the keyletters from the decoded text is not that important).

Here is the formula for:
Creating one specific key to encrypt one specific phrase.

[c=letter/character]

offset key=Hash(c1*c2*c3*c4*c5*..........)

encoding
Madmans output=(Plaintext) indexvalue+offsetkey

decoding
Plaintext= (Madmans output) indexvalue-offsetkey

I hope the idea is pretty clear now Joe.

Best regards Jonas Thörnvall

  • Re: The crazy encryption madmans codebook
    ... The overall security is as strong as what I will call the chaining mode ... The acual deced message will not encode to.... ... And you get a offset number let us say 946422235 and the word to ... When encoding next phrase you move one step, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: SQL query
    ... but it also can be a search phrase with several words at the same time. ... I have a database with "documents", ... I already have stored in the database all the Spanish words with their ... But I got stuck trying to build a recordset with the list of Document_ID's ...
  • Re: The crazy encryption madmans codebook
    ... the actual identifier in the database '12288. ... Just note that if offset multiplies to 0 then 0+12288=12288 it is the ... plaintext sentence you will get another offset. ... All you're doing is attempting to build a not very good chaining mode. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: The crazy encryption madmans codebook
    ... I do not see how *telephone* always encodes to anything particular ... the actual identifier in the database '12288. ... plaintext sentence you will get another offset. ... All you're doing is attempting to build a not very good chaining mode. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Security issue of cross server job on UNIX and the solution
    ... and database using account ... The application generates data that will send to server delta, ... for public key authentication, or else, you have to choose public key ... authentication with no pass phrase protection for the private key. ...
    (alt.computer.security)