Re: Preprocessing a highly redudant message before encryption

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:53:03 -0500, Mike Amling wrote:

Kind a weak example. Valerie (a spy with more experience than Alice)
would have shown Eve a 400k ascii text.

If you're going to avoid traffic analysis, you'd be sending a couple of
MBs of random junk to random people, every day, automatically.

"Bob? I don't know Bob. Is he signed up with the 'I want to participate
in the random-noise-to-confuse-traffic-analysis-group'? My computer
probably sent him some random junk automatically. I didn't have anything
to do with it!"

simple system that worked ...A complex system designed from scratch never
works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over,
beginning with a working simple system.
-- Grady Booch

.