Minimal length of encrypted data - which algorithm?

Hi,

I think it's a simplem question, but I cannot find in any description of any algorithm information about the minimal length of encrypted data.
I am interested in obtaining such an information for symmetric-key algorithms, like DES.
Is there any algorithm which ensures that the output will be at least i.e. 32 characters (bytes) long - no metter whether the input is long (i.e. 20 characters) or short (i.e. 1 character)?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best regards
Leszek

  • Re: Minimal length of encrypted data - which algorithm?
    ... any algorithm information about the minimal length of encrypted data. ... for your raw block size if using block encryption, ... My Crypto code ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How good an encryption algorithm is this?
    ... key + encrypted data into plaintext cannot be considered to be secret". ... that leads me to the question - how does using a standard algorithm ... > key + encrypted data into plaintext cannot be considered to be secret. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: How good an encryption algorithm is this?
    ... key + encrypted data into plaintext cannot be considered to be secret". ... that leads me to the question - how does using a standard algorithm ... > key + encrypted data into plaintext cannot be considered to be secret. ...
  • Re: Help with Encryption Library
    ... The minimum text lengh for decryption depends on the algorithm block size ... encrypted data size is less then 8 bytes, ... Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and Secure ... decStream.FlushFinalBlockwhenever the text to Decrypt was under 7 ...
  • Re: Doubled-up security??
    ... >> algorithm twice will increase your security geometrically. ... your encryption is only as good as your password. ... The crack would seek to determine the composite transfer ... Ensuring the key used is longer than the encrypted data ensures ...
    (alt.computer.security)