Re: newbie need help (ECC and wireless)

Joseph Ashwood wrote:
There is a fairly simple reason for that, it has been proven that iDLP is at
least as hard as IFP (through a proof by reduction, there are several
available), since we believe that RSA reduces to IFP and DH reduces to iDLP,
it follows that DH is at least as secure as RSA, ...

Keep in mind that those are *asymptotic* complexities
(as the problem size approaches infinity), and thus
may not be accurate predictors of actual performance.

  • Re: newbie need help (ECC and wireless)
    ... it seems that ECC is the most suitable ... and faster compared to RSA) ... available), since we believe that RSA reduces to IFP and DH reduces to iDLP, ... dependability I'm talking about planning for 50 years of use, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Generating RSA keys from Pass Phrase
    ... Distinguishing the BBS generator has been polynomially reduced to ... RSA is based directly on the problem of extracting e-th ... to factoring the modulus (and from what I've seen such a reduction seems ...
    (sci.crypt)