Re: A twist on OTP for an outstandingly secure channel?

rossum <rossum48@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 12 Jan 2007 17:04:01 -0800, "Jean-François Michaud"
<cometaj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Agreed, and I clearly understand that, but this is a 'side effect' of
the OTP being 'unbreakable',
As Joseph said, this is precisely why the OTP is unbreakable - it is
not just a side effect. Because the key is as long as the plaintext
all possible plaintexts are equally likely;

That 'because' isn't actually a logically valid deduction. The
inverse image of a given cyphertext under all possible keys is
not required to be the entirety of the plaintext space.

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of