Re: A twist on OTP for an outstandingly secure channel?

rossum <rossum48@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 12 Jan 2007 17:04:01 -0800, "Jean-François Michaud"
<cometaj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Agreed, and I clearly understand that, but this is a 'side effect' of
the OTP being 'unbreakable',
As Joseph said, this is precisely why the OTP is unbreakable - it is
not just a side effect. Because the key is as long as the plaintext
all possible plaintexts are equally likely;

That 'because' isn't actually a logically valid deduction. The
inverse image of a given cyphertext under all possible keys is
not required to be the entirety of the plaintext space.

"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of
/In God We Trust, Inc./.

Relevant Pages