Re: Password "scoring"

grk@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am looking for an algorithm for determining password strength,
similar to that in PGP Desktop (shows a progress bar that increases as
the difficulty of cracking the password increases).

I have a large wordlist to which I can compare the words entered, but
was looking for some guidelines on auditing the actual passwords the
user enters.

This will be used during password-changing in an application I am
writing.

Not an algorithm but you could try here

http://www.certainkey.com/demos/password/

  • Password "scoring"
    ... I am looking for an algorithm for determining password strength, ... similar to that in PGP Desktop (shows a progress bar that increases as ... the difficulty of cracking the password increases). ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Password "scoring"
    ... similar to that in PGP Desktop (shows a progress bar that increases as ... the difficulty of cracking the password increases). ... PGP is open source isn't it? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Password "scoring"
    ... similar to that in PGP Desktop (shows a progress bar that increases as ... the difficulty of cracking the password increases). ... was looking for some guidelines on auditing the actual passwords the ...
    (sci.crypt)