Re: Disk encryption on USB without admin rights

On 09-Nov-06 at 11:03pm -0000, <antispam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Encrypted zip files can be pretty weak.

Using the original algorithm, sure. But under WinZip, using AES and a
strong passphrase...???

If that's genuinely weak, PLEASE tell me, I need to know!!!

--_____ %%%%%%%%%%%% "Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS@xxxxxxx> %%%%%%%%%%%%
{~._.~} -------------------------------------------------------------------
_( Y )_ "...And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not
(:_~*~_:) judged by how much YOU love, but by how much YOU are loved by
(_)-(_) OTHERS." --------------------------------------
========= --Wizard of Oz to Tin Man (MGM Movie).

:: Take Note Of The Spam Block On My E-Mail Address! ::

  • Re: Brute Force bei WinZip (war: Brute Force - Geschwindigkeit)
    ... Liegt der niedrige Durchsatz an AES (ist es also eine prinzipielle Eigen- ... oder liegt es an mangelhafter Implmentierung der Password- ... Ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass es auch daran liegt, dass WinZIP zum Passwort ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Winzips algo vs. WinRars
    ... Now that Winzip 9.0 uses 128- and 256-bit AES encryption, ... How does the present algo used by Winzip 256-bit AES compare to Winrar's ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Brute Force bei WinZip (war: Brute Force - Geschwindigkeit)
    ... Wurde das Archiv mit WinRar hergestellt, ... WinZip bietet AES an mit 128 und 256 Bits. ... bietet nur AES 128 Bit.) ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • AES decryption of Winziped files
    ... encrypted using AES under Winzip on Windoze. ... I've been looking a package that can be used. ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: Password Protection
    ... As does the help file. ... Winzip) and AES. ... Winzip is really excellent product and I heartily recommend it. ... Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)