Re: Disk encryption on USB without admin rights

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:58:30 +0100, Marlinde <Marlinde@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,
I want to make an ecnrypted disk on mi USB drive.
I would like to use this drive also on a pc where i dont have admin rights.
I've tried different software (truecrypt etc) but they all need admin
rights to run the encryption software.
I do like the functionality of TrueCrypt, single file encryption is no
option.

Any tips.

tia
Encrypted zip file with all your encrypted files in it?

rossum

  • Re: Disk encryption on USB without admin rights
    ... I would like to use this drive also on a pc where i dont have admin rights. ... rights to run the encryption software. ... I do like the functionality of TrueCrypt, single file encryption is no ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Disk encryption on USB without admin rights
    ... I've tried different software (truecrypt etc) but they all need admin rights to run the encryption software. ... I do like the functionality of TrueCrypt, single file encryption is no option. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Disk encryption on USB without admin rights
    ... and U3 is a standard regarding doing what you want to do and a lot ... I do this on my laptop by using "Run As" to run the encryption software ... with admin rights from a normal, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Disk encryption on USB without admin rights
    ... I've tried different software (truecrypt etc) but they all need admin rights to run the encryption software. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How does whole-disk encryption work?
    ... Does the encryption software ... intercept the reads and writes to do the decryption and encryption on ... Truecrypt and PGP Wholedisk are ... Truecrypt and Free Compusec are free. ...
    (alt.computer.security)