Re: TomsFastMath v0.10 released

Wolfgang Ehrhardt wrote:
I was not talking about invmod but gcd. To repeat: TFM uses a (usually
much slower) Euclidian gcd and not a binary like LTM. So you had to
code another algorithm and not rewrite the LTM gcd in terms of TFM,
and my question was if there was a specific reason - there are some
situations (cf eg GMP doc) where a gcd using mod is faster.

IIRC it was a hack. I've put it on my TODO list to revise for v0.11

Tom

  • Re: I was right, surrogate factoring proof
    ... >> factor 9 via gcd. ... > There's a proof that the method does not work for primes squared. ... To prove that, mess with the algorithm. ... No, I'm not estimating anything. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Analysis ToolPak Function in VBA is sloooow
    ... the algorithm you offered is the best performer of all the solutions offered in this thread so far. ... Thus each scenario calls Totient(and therefore GCD) 1,000,000 times. ... Even after uncommenting the debug.print statements in ATP's native GCD function, timings were in the 80's. ... Dim Remainder As Long ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: how to rotate an array
    ... You can easily find the explanation of Euclidean algorithm on the Internet. ... gcd of original a,b values. ... > loops through the number of elements in the series, ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: euclidean algorithm over Q[i]
    ... Z, the Gaussian integers, may be what you remember seeing. ... written a pretty simplistic algorithm in java that carries out polynomial ... GCD, just using polynomial long division and the euclidean algorithm. ... GCD's of univariate polynomials over Q? ...
    (sci.math.symbolic)
  • Re: Math question [polynomial division]
    ... >At the end of the algorithm I've multiplied P by G to form the quotient. ... when computing the gcd I use the characteristic ... you are operating over a finite field and therefore the result ...
    (sci.crypt)