Re: comments on cipher please

Read what people write. STOP DESIGNING CIPHERS. Until you know what
breaks them you're not going to design a worthwhile cipher.

i know what breaks them, i post in here to see if anyone else can find any
breaks that i havent.

If you really want to learn to design ciphers, grab as many papers as
you can find on the net and read them. No, that doesn't mean sitting
at your computer and designing another cipher. It means put down the
compiler and pick up a PS/PDF reader.

Tom

that's all well and good for the traditional sense of learning. but not
everyone learns that way. some people learn by trial and error, they are
known as tinkerers.

  • Re: SPES (my new encryption) one of its kind
    ... I'm talking to someone who proposes a new cipher around here: Your design ... cryptanalysis also can reduce this huge number considerably making this ... unit mandatory (to be explained during explaining my encryption system) ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: simple math question
    ... cases harder to attack than a block cipher. ... Attacking the key stream generator this way is harder. ... Generally speaking the attacks which break something like FEAL ... You have design elements that you probably don't fully appreciate ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Dynamic "One-time-pad"
    ... > a single character in the cipher array. ... Why should I use your construction over AES, ... If you really believe in the security of your design you'd do well to ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Stream Cipher Like SEAL Wanted ....
    ... Though in crypto circles thats weak because just because your design ... > Did I say a PRNG was a cipher? ... RC4 is a cipher. ... PRNG tests and its a HORRIBLE cipher. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: SPES (my new encryption) one of its kind
    ... I'm talking to someone who proposes a new cipher around here: Your design ... but that the attacker will payit over and over. ... every encryption system has advantages and dis-advantages,and every ...
    (sci.crypt)