Re: Server side encryption - Newbie

Paul Rubin wrote:

Does Windows Terminal Server just mean some kind of Hypercom-like
terminal emulator? Do you REALLY have to do it that way, instead of
using a client side app? I'm not familiar with Citrix.

Think X-Windows remote sessions, or multi-user VNC. Each user logins
into a separate GUI session on the server, runs applications on the
server, etc. I think in newer versions this connection may be even secure.

  • Re: Delphi and Citrix issue
    ... Our D6 app works quite well in Citrix, ... The underlying infrastructure is a blade server ... Borland Certified Advanced Delphi 7 Developer ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Winform App and security issues
    ... excel spreadsheet file and then the user can choose to save it to their ... When the app was under VB6, this was not a problem but ... administrator rights on the server can allow the app running on the server ... If I remember correctly, the Citrix client software being ran locally and server software being ran on the server is really a WEB session, even through it's a Windows Application running on the Citrix Terminal server. ...
  • Re: VW on Citrix server
    ... If you want the same image to be accessed by many different users, then I dare say Citrix is not the right solution: you need some kind of Web based solution like VisualWave or Web services. ... If on the other hand you want to register a VW image file as a published Citrix app so that many users can launch their own instance of the image, then Citrix will work well (as long as the server has the capacity to accommodate all the user images running on it). ...
    (comp.lang.smalltalk)
  • Re: Like I said...
    ... The program you are running still has to connect to a database or server in some way, even when running in Citrix. ... For instance, with the traditional client/server model in an app running under Citrix, there is no easy way to have centralized logic or to have bidi communication where the server can easily communicate back to the client. ... Also, most users don't like having two desktops and I'd much rather give the option of running my app natively on a laptop running thin via SOAP, XMLRPC, or whatever back to the middleware server. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: sbs 2k3 terminial service
    ... the client uses citrix and has 15 thin client pc's and 20 full pc's ... running a accounting like app. ... TS belongs on a dedicated member server with no other roles. ... sbs2k3 for 500 stop the install after the os installs the install ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)