Re: New lightweight block cipher algorithm

Paul Rubin wrote:
Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I thought that DJB's SURF, Snuffle, or Salsa* were the
result of a genetic algorithm?

AFAIK, only in the sense that SURF, Snuffle, Salsa etc. are the result
of DJB, and DJB is the result of genetic recombination by his parents,
grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. ;-)

So you don't really think that a cipher can be made from a
genetic algorithm, then (note that I'm not saying that the OP's
cipher is good, I'm just asking a question)?

  • Re: New lightweight block cipher algorithm
    ... result of a genetic algorithm? ... AFAIK, only in the sense that SURF, Snuffle, Salsa etc. are the result ... of DJB, and DJB is the result of genetic recombination by his parents, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: New lightweight block cipher algorithm
    ... of DJB, and DJB is the result of genetic recombination by his parents, ... genetic algorithm, then (note that I'm not saying that the OP's ... I do not think that a cypher can be made from a genetic ... cypher design still requires thought and experience. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: New lightweight block cipher algorithm
    ... genetic algorithm, then (note that I'm not saying that the OP's ... Not to mention you need a success measurment. ... Find me way to score a possible block cipher ...
    (sci.crypt)