Re: a few questions about AES

Antony Clements <antony.clements@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
the reason why i asked these questions about AES is that i am trying to
assess the strength of my algorithm compared to AES.

Miniscule, no doubt.

i'm probably calculating it wrong...

Probably your calculations are correct, but pointless...

http://www.ciphersbyritter.com/LEARNING.HTM#ExKeyspace

You should know that while this web page contains stuff that is correct,
it also contains a lot of nonsense. For someone not skilled in the art, it
can be hard to distinguish nonsense from correct theory. I would strongly
recommend that you find other sources for cryptographic knowledge.

You may have better luck if you look at

http://www.quadibloc.com/crypto/intro.htm

--
Kristian Gjøsteen

  • Re: bestcrypt 7.20 vs drivecrypt 4.4
    ... That is complete nonsense. ... doesn't imply it has a backdoor. ... Any software you are going to find probably uses AES and TripleDES. ... was a US design, and both AES and DES are certified by NIST. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: decrementing arrays
    ... I doubt very very much you are doing any calculations with this number. ... So simply store it as a string: ... Solving a problem is all about analysing the problem. ... All that 10^16 stuff was nonsense. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Again: Relativity for Thought Experiments
    ... else's mistakes is by ignoring what they wrote and substituting ... Then you show that YOUR calculations lead ... If you want to show that someone else's calculations are nonsense, ... you have to *use* their assumptions, and their methods of reasoning, ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)