Question about bit strength

Hi i'm a software delveoper, for the last few years i have been toying
around with a hybrid block cypher. I have two implementations of the
algorithms i have produced, both work flawlessly to encrypt/decrypt content,
but I am still unsure as to the bit strength of these algorithms. I have had
answers ranging from 64-bit through to 512-bit and beyond depending on who i
have asked to bit test them. All Keys used have elements derived by a
P.R.N.G. and the plain text is padded so that the cypher text is easier to
produce, after which the padding is removed and the cypher text written to a
file so there is no increase in size as with other methods. Each algorithm
is capable of encrypting/decrypting strings well in excess of
18446744073709551615 characters with the ability to encrypt a folder
containing 13 files totalling 227KB in 15-20 seconds. I was wondering if
anyone with the knowledge to bit test my algorithms could please do so.

  • Re: Question about bit strength
    ... exploding the file size does not have to be large, it can be only a few ... a cypher today known as BIC, i encoded a 55.6kb file using that algorithm ... to develope your own and casting aspersions on well developed algorithms. ... crypto analysis in our limited knowledge. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Q: Kerchhoffs principle
    ... security is not affected by publication. ... publish our algorithms so that others can catch our mistakes, ... will be at least as secure as the first cipher used. ... cypher A as DES, and cypher B as DES inverse. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Question about bit strength
    ... around with a hybrid block cypher. ... algorithms i have produced, both work flawlessly to encrypt/decrypt content, ... but I am still unsure as to the bit strength of these algorithms. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Question about bit strength
    ... around with a hybrid block cypher. ... but I am still unsure as to the bit strength of these algorithms. ... Going in approximately the order I do in performing a basic attack: ... In a stream cipher ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Question about bit strength
    ... I have two implementations of the algorithms i have produced, both work flawlessly to encrypt/decrypt content, but I am still unsure as to the bit strength of these algorithms. ... and the plain text is padded so that the cypher text is easier to produce, after which the padding is removed and the cypher text written to a file so there is no increase in size as with other methods. ... Each algorithm is capable of encrypting/decrypting strings well in excess of 18446744073709551615 characters with the ability to encrypt a folder containing 13 files totalling 227KB in 15-20 seconds. ...
    (sci.crypt)