Re: How long to trust 3DES

"Alan" <a__l__a__n@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'm looking for a reasonable approach to assess the changing risk over
time so we can make a logical business decision about replacing the
algorithm. Any comments or advice would be welcome.

It will stay certified (in some modes) through the year 2030. See:

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-67/SP800-67.pdf

  • Re: FP-style map over set
    ... advice on how to implement an algorithm, you have to specify the data structure that you want the algorithm to operate on. ... Or are you also asking for advice on how to implement the set ADT? ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • Re: Tech Help: DMD Scrolling
    ... Ok guys thanks for the good advice. ... That's a common WPC-95 problem Nate. ... The last bunch I got came from Big Daddy Enterprises - their P/N is ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: explorer.exe is partially hanging
    ... it has a free and pro version ... tell me if this advice helps ... I was able to determine it was a problem on one of my file servers ... Replacing it this weekend so ...
  • Re: rec.games.roguelike.development FAQ
    ... it's a pretty old FAQ that people in the community have ... I think it's more appropriate for the FAQ to talk about the design ... process than to give advice at the algorithm level. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Re: Help with old Vectra
    ... One problemette that spoils an otherwise quite clean vehicle is the trim ... vehicle) is bulging and distorted with rusty metal showing underneath. ... all I can find on replacing the windscreen (which I presumed ... Any help and advice gratefully received. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)