Digesting hex instead of binary?
- From: Dan Stromberg <strombrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:26:46 GMT
Say you're building a zero knowledge authentication system by digesting a
shared secret key with a nonce.
If the secret key is digested while in hex instead of in binary, is it
true that this actually makes things a little bit more secure.
If yes, why?
- Prev by Date: Re: Are These Algorithms Good?
- Next by Date: Re: Are These Algorithms Good?
- Previous by thread: Chaocipher in Cryptologia
- Next by thread: Re: Digesting hex instead of binary?