Re: Need help RNG project

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:20:32 -0700, sci.crypt wrote:

need help with Random Number Generator and make a true ROBIN HOOD
operation Come True by all means.that would make diffrence 4 alot of
people.

If you're working in Java, why not use the built-in one? Eg.

java.lang.security.SecureRandom.getInstance("SHA1PRNG");

Should be good enough for most things, I'd have thought. (I know this is
built into the Sun VM; other VMs I'm not sure about).

HTH

Will.

  • Re: Lisp vs. Java vs. C++ speed comparison time? [LONG]
    ... I also tried other Common Lisp compilers. ... >> look carefully at the Java code that was generated by the Linj ... but is it not true that the Boyer benchmark involves only ... important, non built-in, types, namely linj.Cons and linj.Symbol. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Tcl event loop and threading
    ... and probably started when 'Java' became one those ... 'buzzword' things (Java is probably one the first languages to have ... "built-in" threading at the time Tcl was being birthed. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Events-am I missing something?
    ... events outside a Swing/AWT context, ... You also could give up some type safety, a risk the Java way tends to reduce. ... Event-driven architecture is pretty much /de rigueur/ for distributed systems. ... It occurs to me as I write this that pieces of it could serve in novel ways, given on the relatively reliable nature of the built-in APIs. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Simple Java Question
    ... It doesn't make a lot of difference, but you should be aware that while Sun provides implementations for several other platforms, Apple is the implementor and publisher of Java on the Mac and they lag behind the Sun releases quite a bit. ... As far as what you're specifically trying to do, yes it's true...an application based on the built-in GUI controls is more common. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)