Re: Are These Algorithms Good?

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 04:08:55 -0400, "Glenn P.,"
<C128UserDELETE-THIS@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01-Sep-06 at 11:09am -0700, <clark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You didn't mention AES (Rijndael) which is "hands down" the one that
everyone in this group would recommend as number one. You also don't
mention 3DES which is probably the most trusted (but getting old in
the tooth) algorithms available, super reliable, and will provide up
to 168-bit security.

I'm asking about those algorithms which I haven't heard of before. I've
heard of AES nd 3DES, and already know that they are trusted; hence, no
need to inquire about them.

Right. I thought about that after my initial comment. Perfectly
reasonable. I'm so knee-jerk about AES (because there are so many
nimrods making "new" algorithms) that it gets a bit weird.

I appologize if it seemed I was "talking down" to you about it. I'm
certainly not the one to be doing that.

There is a bit of spirited debate (sic) in the thread, although not a
lot of discussion on many of the algorithms you mentioned.

Information is available on most or all of them if you Google (you
probably already have done this) that will relate the person(s) who
designed them and perhaps their methodology and what they were
designing for (resist LC, etc...) and there may also be info relating
to them being broken partially or fully.

So I know probably what you likely already know about the rest, but
not enough to articulate anything else.

Good luck on your quest.

  • Re: (Execution Cycles) Timing Budget for TI eZdspf2812
    ... I am designing different algorithms on the DSP to work in real ... filter and FFT i can design to run in real time. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: How good an encryption algorithm is this?
    ... They've designed plenty of crypto algorithms ... those higher up crackers are probably more into breaking standard algorithms ... > designing your own" and the reason (which has been posted several ...
  • Re: How good an encryption algorithm is this?
    ... They've designed plenty of crypto algorithms ... those higher up crackers are probably more into breaking standard algorithms ... > designing your own" and the reason (which has been posted several ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • (Execution Cycles) Timing Budget for TI eZdspf2812
    ... I am designing different algorithms on the DSP to work in real ... filter and FFT i can design to run in real time. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: FUD about CGD and GBDE
    ... easy selection of other algorithms. ... > which happens in CGD will not materially aid any attacks that may ... definition of CBC mode. ... You are claiming, in essence, that AES 256 isn't good enough for you, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)