Re: Wikipedia "Cryptography" reaches Featured Article status

"David Wagner" <daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roger Schlafly wrote:
[Bruce] has been politically opposed to the NSA on several issues.
How did "He thinks the NSA made some bad policy decisions" turn into
"politically opposed to the NSA"? There's a difference between the two.
The latter insinuates something nasty. I think the former is a fairer
characterization of the facts.

Nasty? I don't think I said anything nasty.

I don't know who said, "He thinks the NSA made some bad
policy decisions". I don't know if Bruce thinks that or not.

Paul was arguing that Bruce's statement about the NSA's view
is worthy of going into an encyclopedia just because Bruce put
it in his book. I was pointing out that Bruce has been a critic
of the NSA. Bruce does not speak for the NSA. When Bruce
recites some wacky rumor about the NSA, it might be colored
by his own opinion about the NSA.

  • Re: Wikipedia "Cryptography" reaches Featured Article status
    ... You would be boldly flying into a brick ... Go ahead and post some facts, ... I believe Bruce said he was told it by a member of NSA. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Wilkepedia
    ... In particular, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, anytime. ... >sources and not only emphasize the purported facts that are in ... The NSA link mentions that some were. ... >called "students" attacked first and BEAT TO DEATH A CHINESE SOLDIER. ...
    (talk.politics.tibet)
  • Re: Wikipedia "Cryptography" reaches Featured Article status
    ... quoting Bruce Schneier, with attribution, and Wikipedia just stating ... outright that the NSA views DES as one of their biggest mistakes. ... Because Bruce would never do anything to sell a book ... ... I'd say it's fair to suggest that the NSA knew about DC, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Any truth to rumor that NSA had Public Key Crypto first?
    ... George Ou writes: ... ]Here is an interesting story by Bruce Schneier on ZDNet. ... the NSA may have been 20 years ahead of the ... DES by making the key short, and strengthened it with the Sbox design. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Wikipedia "Cryptography" reaches Featured Article status
    ... NSA _still_ tries to and to some degree succeeds in controlling NIST, ... Maybe Bruce did hear such a rumor while researching his book. ... Always retaliate first. ... Nor Biological Weapons. ...
    (sci.crypt)