Re: Oh this is good...

Ed Weir (ComCast) wrote:
I especially like the part about the encrypting of navigation data NOT being protected intellectual property.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060707190251.htm

Now I wonder if they will launch the other birds or not. And who cares? GPS works fine for me...! Sounds to me a lot like a CLASSIC case of re-inventing 'the wheel' - and then trying to charge $ for it!! Wowee.

-- Ed.

hex->bin->b64
F9E7707A2AF502D0A899C6ACB43A2D35EB7E

Ask yourself "Why" - the answer is not so funny.

  • Re: "US could shoot down EU satellites..."
    ... > when somebody postures to launch against your homeland with WMD's (as ... That country has overstepped lots of legal boundaries, ... GPS helps with that, especially with mobile launchers. ... to make such a map without satelites and precise clocks - and GPS is a ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Delaying the launch of the Delta II rockets until an indefinite 2009 date is a problem
    ... Delaying the launch of the Delta II rockets until an indefinite 2009 date is a problem that needs to be resolved sooner rather than later. ... The IIR-M satellites designated IIR-20and IIR-21are critical to the sustainability of the GPS constellation. ... And yes, that is good news, but the not-so-good news is that there are two IIR-M satellites sitting in the barn waiting for a ride into Medium Earth Orbit and they may be waiting for a while. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: SBCL is now faster than Java, as fast as Ocaml, and getting better
    ... and nobody cares to time you. ... minutes to launch a retaliatory stike, ... debate about the OTHER thing, one IMPORTANT thing, even if it is ... some applications, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • GPS World: The satellite, designated GPS IIR-18 (M) joins the four IIR-M and 12 operational
    ... The satellite, designated GPS IIR-18, will join the four IIR-M satellites ... GPS IIR-MA United Launch Alliance Delta II rocket successfully ... "The successful deployment of this high-performance satellite ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: "US could shoot down EU satellites..."
    ... The subject is attack on the US by missiles. ... >>when somebody postures to launch against your homeland with WMD's (as ... > GPS helps with that, ... > Note that the Chinese space program has only started. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)