Re: Designing a secure message format

On 29 Jun 2006 20:57:24 -0700, "imposterrific@xxxxxxxxx"
<imposterrific@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The passphrase would be used to generate a pseudo-random data stream
(S1) which would be used to decrypt a message header, which contains
additional information needed to decrypt the body of the message. (I
plan on using RC4 for S1 and including an initialization vector in the
message.) I have had a few ideas about what to put in this header.
Perhaps it could contain several symmetric keys which were used to
encrypt the message body (3DES, AES, etc.) or maybe it could contain
initialization vectors for a series of pseudo random streams spawned
from the original data stream (S1).
RC4 is very easy to program, but no longer secure. MARC4 is better,
but still iffy. Given that you will have 3DES and/or AES available,
why not use AES in CTR mode to produce the pseudo random stream S1?

rossum

  • Re: Designing a secure message format
    ... which would be used to decrypt a message header, ... additional information needed to decrypt the body of the message. ... RC4 is very easy to program, ... Given that you will have 3DES and/or AES available, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: White-Box Cryptography
    ... If you give me a whitebox implementation of AES ... >> WAES encryption and the key WK), then I can do AES decryption under the ... >let you have K, which means you cannot decrypt. ... With the published constructions, if you give ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Compression and crypto
    ... I try to decrypted it using AES or RIJNDAEL ... This occurs after the compression. ... combinations would the 128 bit fixed block decrypt to ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: AES-256 encryption
    ... (I assume you are attacking the algorithm not ... The algorithm is the wrong attack here. ... If you are looking to compromise a crypto system using AES, ... Is there any way to decrypt a file which is AES-256 encrypted? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: encrypt / decrypt string with SHA512
    ... If you want to encrypt data and decrypt it later, look at AES or DES ...