Re: ECC point compression trick

clark <clark@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 28 Jun 2006 19:46:41 -0700, "Tom St Denis" <tomstdenis@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

William L. Bahn wrote:
And still the question stands - is 3 or 4 the negative square
root of 2 mod 7?

Both are. They are also both the positive square roots of 2 under
arithmetic mod 7.

<snip>

I think we're focusing on a non-issue here.

Clearly any standard would have to mandate either a numerical or
deterministic process to determine which is the "positive root". If
the prime is 3 mod 4 then you can use the power rule. That will always
yield the same value. Regardless of who or how you implement the
exponentiation.

Oh well, I guess this is the best we can hope for usenet. Bickering
and fighting over minute details because somehow, somewhere, someone is
"more wrong" then you.

I'm sorry I brought it up.

Not...sorry...enough, beeeeyotch...

Now... En Garde!!!

  • Re: Disabling "Edit with Vim " context menu entry in Windows?
    ... the people they assign to work on Google Groups have any previous ... When I moved to Windows, Properties and customization via the File Types ... Arguably root needs it more than other users, ...
    (comp.editors)
  • installing Sol10 X86-06-06 on 4200 failing
    ... Im having lots of grief trying to get solaris x86-06-06 installed into ... Just updating to explain my final solution to fixing my jumpstart server & ... pseudo0 at root ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... But you'd implied that there is not and the output file ... So you make a todo list of things to do as root and consolidate those ... A risk here is that the terminal-emulator window with the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Kernel boot problem?
    ... Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block ... Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block ... <end snip> ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: pdflatex port?
    ... hugelatex changes a number of memory and other size limits ... Snippings from the Makefile and so on ... root # more Makefile ...
    (freebsd-questions)