Re: Looking for help deciphering Dad's message to Mom.

bert wrote:
gglposting@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
After my mom died (my dad had died a few years before), I found a poem
that my Dad had given to my Mom. It's a very passionate poem in
Spanish. I don't believe he wrote it but there's no author attributed.
At the bottom of the page, there's some strange script. It looks like
Masonic or Rosicrucian cipher ( my dad was into that) but it's not
exactly the same. Can someone direct me to the right place where I
might get some help figuring out what it says? Maybe someone here
might be able to help?

Many thanks!
John

Ask your local library for books about codes, and look up "pigpen
cipher" to see if it corresponds. It's described on page 772 of the
1996 (2nd) edition of "The Codebreakers" by David Kahn, and is
surely also in the 1967 (1st) edition, as the "Freemasons' cipher".
If that doesn't work and you don't mind, you could put up a photo of
it, post the link here and see if anyone recognizes it.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker
--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.
.