Re: Looking for help deciphering Dad's message to Mom.

bert wrote:
gglposting@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
After my mom died (my dad had died a few years before), I found a poem
that my Dad had given to my Mom. It's a very passionate poem in
Spanish. I don't believe he wrote it but there's no author attributed.
At the bottom of the page, there's some strange script. It looks like
Masonic or Rosicrucian cipher ( my dad was into that) but it's not
exactly the same. Can someone direct me to the right place where I
might get some help figuring out what it says? Maybe someone here
might be able to help?

Many thanks!
John

Ask your local library for books about codes, and look up "pigpen
cipher" to see if it corresponds. It's described on page 772 of the
1996 (2nd) edition of "The Codebreakers" by David Kahn, and is
surely also in the 1967 (1st) edition, as the "Freemasons' cipher".
If that doesn't work and you don't mind, you could put up a photo of
it, post the link here and see if anyone recognizes it.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker
--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.

  • Re: Looking for help deciphering Dads message to Mom.
    ... Spanish. ... Masonic or Rosicrucian cipher (my dad was into that) but it's not ... might get some help figuring out what it says? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: We need to make English mandatory
    ... My mom just tried to call me because my dad is ill in the hospital, ... through because, guess what, she doesn't speak Spanish. ... Take care. ... Hope your dad is doing okay. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: We need to make English mandatory
    ... My mom just tried to call me because my dad is ill in the hospital, ... through because, guess what, she doesn't speak Spanish. ... They don't respect OUR laws. ... I hope that your dad is doing well. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • (2) old recordings of Rudolph Valentino singing.
    ... voice, with a heavy accent. ... His mother was French and his dad was Italian. ... sounds Spanish and one of these songs is in Spanish. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: We need to make English mandatory
    ... through because, guess what, she doesn't speak Spanish. ... Unfortunately they will STILL come here because even life on the street in America is a PARADISE compared to life on the street in Mexico. ... I'm honestly sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope it all works out okay for him but I'm glad we have another convert. ...
    (alt.politics)