Re: Encryption standard

guillome.main@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everyone,

does anybody have any good source for corporate encryption standard? I
have to create a policy like this for the enterprise I work for and it
would be very helpful, if anyone could point to any exisiting documents
or just drafts.

Thanks in advance,

Guillome

Guideline for Implementating Cryptography

NIST Special Publication 800-21-1, Second Edition, Guideline
for Implementing Cryptography in the Federal Government,
December 2005.

SP 800-21-1 provides guidance to federal agencies on how to
select cryptographic controls for protecting Sensitive
Unclassified information

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-21-1/sp800-21-1_Dec2005.pdf

Hope that helps.

  • Re: Whitepaper on Password Based Cryptography
    ... Writing specifications for symmetric encryption and calling them ... "Password based cryptography" is likely to confuse people into believing ... The goal of this guideline is to provide a relatively ... > all aspects except for the message format. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Tired of the usenet spew?
    ... Personally I think all private use of cryptography should be prohibited. ... Crytography has no real purpose for the average individual. ... require secure measues because of their work, the keys should be kept in ... Federal Government only and only use Crypto programs released by the Feds. ...