Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?

On 16 Jun 2006 11:34:50 -0700, "privacy concerned" <privacyconcerned@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Anyone have a funny one?

Please do not forget, all these discussions about envelopes and
one-time-password-protected EaSecure messages only apply to the
situation before the recipient opens the first EaSecure message. After
the recipient has opened one EaSecure message, the communication will
be as secure as PGP and S/MIME.

Lol. When I trust a 3rd party to generate and manage my secret PGP keys then
you can say that, until then you're just trying to blow smoke up our asses.

  • Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?
    ... Not for every delivery but only the first one - and after the ... is that the one-time-password-protected EaSecure message can be opened ... by MITM before the intended recipient opens it. ... EaSecure message is at least as secure as a tamper-proof envelope. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?
    ... situation before the recipient opens the first EaSecure message. ... The 3rd party does not manage your private keys. ... EaSecure - I've lied to you before, but trust me; I'm not lying to you now. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?
    ... friendly substance without the express permission of the addressee is ... situation before the recipient opens the first EaSecure message. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?
    ... Except that the MITM now has impersonated you and has taken your secret ... I am not saying one-time-password-protected EaSecure message is ... without going into public keys and cryptography. ... You are right, before the recipient opens the first EaSecure message, ...
    (sci.crypt)