Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?

privacy concerned writes:

You are absolutely right. The function of the third party is only to
make it easy to use.

A third party does not make a cryptosystem easier to use.

Even if you are using PGP, you still have to rely
on the service of a third party to provide you the software, unless you
write your own code from scratch.

True, but that's still preferable to handing a third party my keys and
messages.

  • Re: Why everyone uses envelopes but few encrypt emails?
    ... A third party does not make a cryptosystem easier to use. ... keys, just like the PGP's public key server. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Moving to the Net: Encrypted Execution for User Code on a Hosting Site
    ... keys would erase upon most attempts to open. ... tamper-resistant hardware to a hardware solution that behaves exactly ... This measurement is provided to some third party in the outside world, which can therefore detect the presence of the virtual machine. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: ...kernel module signing on x86??? Why?
    ... So you can stop a third party tampering with the modules on your system, ... If you own the keys it becomes a useful security feature to some ... both cases I need to recomplie the kernel once again... ... Waste the world away building a society of plenty, then lock it down ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ...kernel module signing on x86??? Why?
    ... So you can stop a third party tampering with the modules on your system, ... If you own the keys it becomes a useful security feature to some ... So I have to recompile the whole kernel and ... both cases I need to recomplie the kernel once again... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Suddenly cannot send mail through mail.app via gmail
    ... "Third party applications and Gmail ... Using third party software applications that interact with Gmail ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)