Re: TEA for real-life embedded project?
- From: "TC" <gg.20.keen4some@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 3 Jun 2006 12:20:36 -0700
What's the difference between the encryption and decryption in AES? I
thought that in symetric ciphers these functions are more or less, well,
No, AFAIK "symmetric" means only that the same key is used for encrypt
and decrypt. It does not mean that the same /algortihm/ is used for
encrypt & decrypt.
For example, RC4 is a symmetric (stream) cipher with the same algo for
encrypt & decrypt. But DES is a symmetric (block) cipher with
/different/ algos for encrypt & decrypt.
TC (MVP MSAccess)
- Prev by Date: Re: TEA for real-life embedded project?
- Next by Date: Re: What is the best way to create a random float from random bytes?
- Previous by thread: Re: TEA for real-life embedded project?
- Next by thread: Re: TEA for real-life embedded project?