Re: TEA for real-life embedded project?

I trust you're not literally using AES decryption on the limited
resource end. You'd want to use encryption only, either via, say, CTR
mode, or by just reversing the roles of encryption and decryption.

What's the difference between the encryption and decryption in AES? I
thought that in symetric ciphers these functions are more or less, well,
symetric :)

  • Re: Auto-update protocol
    ... to transfer even with a single client and no interference. ... shared secret/public key is the only way to do the encryption. ... successfully decryption is the authentication. ... you can get using a generic farm server, but TFTP does not have any ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Securing data to a process principal
    ... encryption key first time for the user - and use it later). ... secret. ... I need the decryption to ... You MAY think that instead of a filter driver you can simply ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: embedded keys - there has to be a less vulnerable approach
    ... the database would be run on top of an encrypting file system ... > The use of an asymmetrical encryption algorithm does not seem to offer ... because the encryption and decryption ... > a hostile attacker is not a member of that small knowledgeable elite. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • embedded keys - there has to be a less vulnerable approach
    ... the database would be run on top of an encrypting file system ... The use of an asymmetrical encryption algorithm does not seem to offer ... because the encryption and decryption ... You have a table with customer names and addresses. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • NTE_BAD_DATA
    ... decryption module using the self signed certificate. ... My encryption and decryption module are as follows. ... goto Exit_MyDecryptFile; ... // imported from a BLOB read in from the source file or having ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)