Re: JSH: Ethics of a factoring solution

jstevh@xxxxxxx writes:

[...]

Let's say for the sake of argument that I had this overwhelming
insight, like had this incredible dream with the solution to the
factoring problem, got up tomorrow, quickly programmed it and got
the factors of the next RSA number, and did what you said, posting
them, but not the method.

So, by this hypothetical scenario, I post factors tomorrow morning.

Wouldn't Monday open with a stock market crash?

No. I don't think so, anyway. It would be very newsworthy, and I
imagine it would affect the stock markets in some way. I doubt it
would cause a crash.
.