Re: Help spread strong cryptography now!

Mike Amling wrote:
Andrew Swallow wrote:
Within a few years of the whites leaving a lot of Britain's other ex-colonies had suspended their constitutions. The USA is the exception.

Because we didn't suspend our constitution after the whites left?

That is a good a theory as any. ;)

Kept the constitution. Kept the whites. Kept the rights.

Andrew Swallow

  • Re: Famous Aviator Calls For Bush/Cheney Impeachment
    ... I was careful to say "true" Union sentiment. ... clear, flagrant, and gigantic case of Rebellion; ... the constitution that ordinary courts of justice ... President was permitted to suspend it then why not ...
    (rec.aviation.military)
  • Re: {OT:} Questions for dbu, badgolferman, strickland
    ... Or, being you, would you assume that the Constitution had been ... Notice in the paragraph below how easy it was to suspend one ... a bill that would remove habeas corpus ... When they apply this to CITIZENS, ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Jack-booted thugs
    ... has been determined by the United States to have been properly ... Note that the US Constitution does not except non-citizens. ... have made a case for invasion. ... You said "congress shall not suspend it", which is not what the section ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: {OT:} Questions for dbu, badgolferman, strickland
    ... Or, being you, would you assume that the Constitution had been suspended for your own good? ... Notice in the paragraph below how easy it was to suspend one of the most important parts of our legal structure. ... "On 29 September 2006, the House and Senate approved the Military Commissions Act of 2006, a bill that would remove habeas corpus for any person determined to be an "unlawful enemy combatant" engaged in hostilities or having supported hostilities against the United ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Suspend elections? WTF, no, she was not joking
    ... So it's ok to suspend congressional elections? ... constitution to prevent that. ... the Repubs ran on "JOBS JOBS JOBS" in 2010 and then have done nothing. ... most new Republican governors are in trouble too. ...
    (sci.military.naval)