Re: Help spread strong cryptography now!

Mike Amling wrote:
Andrew Swallow wrote:
Within a few years of the whites leaving a lot of Britain's other ex-colonies had suspended their constitutions. The USA is the exception.

Because we didn't suspend our constitution after the whites left?

That is a good a theory as any. ;)

Kept the constitution. Kept the whites. Kept the rights.

Andrew Swallow

  • Re: Famous Aviator Calls For Bush/Cheney Impeachment
    ... I was careful to say "true" Union sentiment. ... clear, flagrant, and gigantic case of Rebellion; ... the constitution that ordinary courts of justice ... President was permitted to suspend it then why not ...
    (rec.aviation.military)
  • Re: {OT:} Questions for dbu, badgolferman, strickland
    ... Or, being you, would you assume that the Constitution had been ... Notice in the paragraph below how easy it was to suspend one ... a bill that would remove habeas corpus ... When they apply this to CITIZENS, ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Jack-booted thugs
    ... has been determined by the United States to have been properly ... Note that the US Constitution does not except non-citizens. ... have made a case for invasion. ... You said "congress shall not suspend it", which is not what the section ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: Jack-booted thugs
    ... Note that the US Constitution does not except non-citizens. ... "unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety ... You said "congress shall not suspend it", which is not what the section ...
    (rec.scuba)
  • Re: Blair, another one bites the dust !
    ... the Constitution to suit his whims, then the American people can suspend ... and I see no difference in the crimes he committed and those Bush & ... Bush or any court cannot suspend the Constitution. ... people gave Sadamn a trial according to their laws, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)