Re: Compression and crypto

daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Wagner) wrote in
news:e5ia7n$t5b$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

if you're using certain kinds of pre-compression.
John Kelsey, "Compression and Information Leakage of Plaintext",
FSE 2002. http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=aflnql1jf23a5766
I think this is a pretty good demonstration of how extra complexity can

Very clever referencing something the average guy has no access to.
That way we will never know the relavance if any of this to the thread.
If its not open public knowledge how could the average expert even
question it. The fact is there is enough BS about encryption that
sees the light of day why should we take your word this has anything
to do with the discussion at hand.

David A. Scott
--
My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip

  • Re: Compression and crypto
    ... David Wagner wrote: ... best attack. ... Often the compression can be performed ... compression nearly always improves security substantially. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Compression and crypto
    ... Actually if the compression scheme is well fit to the source ... looking for perfect security only the security of several viable possilbe ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Compression and UNICITY DISTANCE
    ... David Wagner wrote ... However perfect compression would have several benefits - it would make even ... and perhaps finding plausible alternate decryptions. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Data Compression!
    ... style huffman adapative as the best approach for my uses when doing up ... You know if you have an optimal solution if the following is meet ... wherr Cand Uthe compression and uncompression ... My Crypto code ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Compression test on permutations
    ... could map to every possible output file. ... My Crypto code ... My Compression code http://bijective.dogma.net/ ...
    (comp.compression)