Re: Compression and crypto

daw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Wagner) wrote in
news:e5ia7n$t5b$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

if you're using certain kinds of pre-compression.
John Kelsey, "Compression and Information Leakage of Plaintext",
FSE 2002. http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=aflnql1jf23a5766
I think this is a pretty good demonstration of how extra complexity can

Very clever referencing something the average guy has no access to.
That way we will never know the relavance if any of this to the thread.
If its not open public knowledge how could the average expert even
question it. The fact is there is enough BS about encryption that
sees the light of day why should we take your word this has anything
to do with the discussion at hand.

David A. Scott
--
My Crypto code