Re: Help spread strong cryptography now!

"privacy concerned" <privacyconcerned@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

If EaSecure publishes the design and source code, will you trust it
then? This may happen after some IP rights (such as patents) are
secured.

Well, depending on what the design and code looks like, we might gain
assurance that it does whatever it's supposed to do. I'm not
especially optimistic: it's not an attractive time for people to
expose vulnerabilities; also, the existence of IP doesn't encourage
spending effort on examining it.

Neither of those is something that you've got much control over, I
guess. I suspect that's the way security's going: if you want the
best, you'll use open protocols, open source code.
.