Re: NSA and crypto

tomstdenis@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Douglas A. Gwyn wrote:
Actually compression does improve security, when the plaintext
has a substantial amount of redundancy (as most do). There is
This is flawed reasoning. If the plaintext has no entropy ... it isn't
a secret. ...

You totally didn't understand what I was saying.

  • Re: Are natural languages secure ciphers?
    ... The ciphertext can be as long as the entropy in the key ... >>plus the entropy in the plaintext, before it has any redundancy. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encrypting random plaintests
    ... what the redundancy Rof the plaintext, the entropy Hof the ... encrypting a plaintext with R- for example, ... bits - every ciphertext block will be the same. ... transformation ensures indistinguishability ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: OTP4U (new cipher proposal)
    ... > So I think that the level of entropy should remain the same in every ... block as the amount of plaintext in that block; ... but rather to foil ciphertext-only cryptanalysis by ... design symmetric systems with key size great enough ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encrypting random plaintests
    ... Goal is random plaintext strings. ... what the redundancy Rof the plaintext, the entropy Hof the ... bits - every ciphertext block will be the same. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encryption key longer than text to encrypt
    ... the entropy rate of the language ... when the amount of information in the plaintext ... exceeds the amount of information in the key, ... contradiction here. ...
    (sci.crypt)