Re: Can't sell the encryption

"Moshe" <moshe_szweizer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

The program consists of two parts

The first one uses a collection of ciphers to encrypt your text
message. This part has been written by Hagen Reddmann. It is written in
Delphi and is distributed from Borland website - but also from a
number of other places (source of the module is included so that you
may examine it). For example you may get the entire package from:
http://www.delphi32.com/vcl/3267/ (this includes the source files)

The second part of the program (written by me) writes the encrypted
text into an image. In this manner the encryption is not visible and
may be distributed as an ordinary bitmap image.

The main purpose behind it is to allow for untraceable information
passing with the confidence that even if you are under some sort of
observation you would not be discovered.

I tried to post very specific descriptions like the one above on my
website but that had no effect on the potential purchases.
As a matter of fact, I tried various modes of advertising and even
though I got some downloads I have not been able to convince anyone to
purchase the program.
I think that there is a lot of talk about encryption but in fact almost
no-one is actually using those tools in real life. If there was any
real interest in the topic then even myself after about a year of
struggling to sell this application would get at least one singular
success.

Yes, that is one interpretation of your experience.

I have sold exactly zero copies after a year, and after my huge effort
to convince people that this software is worth something.

Moshe

  • Re: Cant sell the encryption
    ... website but that had no effect on the potential purchases. ... I think that there is a lot of talk about encryption but in fact almost ... no-one is actually using those tools in real life. ... to convince people that this software is worth something. ...
    (sci.crypt)