encryption method

Hi All,
i want to encrpyt my application.can anyone suggest me diffrent
algorithms to do that and their implementation also.can anyone tell me
how many level of security i can assign to my data so that at another
end it can be decrypted also but very difficult to hack it.

  • [REVS] Data Tastes Better Seasoned: Introducing the ASH Family of Hashing Algorithms
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... The ASH family of algorithms provides modifications to the existing SHA-2 ... is designed to treat the actual hash function as a black-box that can ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: 8 bit white noise algorithm
    ... Key the cipher with the key of your choice (since security is not a concern, key management is not a concern). ... and then there are crypto-quality PRNGs. ... Most crypto algorithms only achieve high security when used in a rolling mode, initially seeded with something truly random. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Controversial paper - Good response article on ZDNet
    ... you removed my arguement on operating systems. ... following best practices for firewall or network security at the head ... cost more, but you forget is that cost is a huge factor in security ... Your comparison to encryption algorithms is not applicable here. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • [Full-disclosure] Chinese Professor Cracks Fifth Data Security Algorithm (SHA-1)
    ... Chinese Professor Cracks Fifth Data Security Algorithm ... Shandong University of Technology has cracked SHA-1, ... Wang's research focusses on hash algorithms. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: securely distirbute applications
    ... some of the users may try to decompile the jars and learn about the ... it is the algorithms from which one can learn most. ... But in real life, a lot of security is about perceived security, even in high security situations. ... The reason encryption, for example, needs 100% security is that you can set the computer to brute force the attack. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)