Re: dumb https performance question

"Roger Schlafly" <rogersc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I don't know. I sometimes get a MSIE warning about how part of
a web page might not be secure. I assumed that the reason was that
the server was using frames or something like that to cut down on
SSL overhead, and get some images with ordinary http.

The usual reason for that message is that the page inlines some images
using http (rather than https) urls, so it mixes ssl and non-ssl content.

  • Re: dumb https performance question
    ... SSL overhead, and get some images with ordinary http. ... The usual reason for that message is that the page inlines some images ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: geelii ha.Nsi and other odd metaphors [was Re: Javed Akhtar (poet) Interview]
    ... >>> up nasty images of spit flying about in every which direction. ... Do you think poets creating new metaphors is a new thing? ... reason why I like Gulzar's work is those very metaphors which explain ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: HMONG DELEGATION VISIT LAOS DEC.5-13-2005
    ... First impression is by far one of the most influential images. ... might wanted to know...there are many other groups ranging from the ... not have suffered that much....the real reason why they're there is ... If no one else could attest to this I am sure big brothers Bee ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: wanted: PC/MAC C programmers (for apple II project)
    ... for no other good reason it's how I make a living. ... level of security to it to prevent or at least monitor that. ... the images to the alternate binary format on your own somehow. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2.programmer)
  • Re: {OT} Sixteen year old girl...
    ... actively sought their victims if they had not seen images". ... All the others would have done it, pictures or not. ... reason for their behavior. ... they do something bad (and cite internal ones when they do something ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)