Re: Question regarding using AES in CTR mode to encrypt UDP

Itay wrote:
I know and read about the sliding window solution, thanks :-)
But this doesn't solve the counter synchronization problem in CTR
(where I need the counters on the communicating peers to be exactly
the same for the encryption/decryption to work).

It doesn't? Why not? Just make sure that you include the sequence
number explicitly in the packet that is transmitted.

The sliding window is for the anti replay, so I would know if I can
accept a certain sequence number in the authentication process.

Right.

I think you mean DTLS.

Yup, that's it. Thanks.
.