Re: Implementing byte stream cipher

Volker Hetzer wrote:

This would work only if
b) the keystream is reused, which kill security with *any* stream cipher.

*You* know that. *I* know that. But I don't see any evidence that the
*OP* knows that.

That is the point of my post - to warn the OP of that issue.

Cheers,
TC (MVP MSAccess)
http://tc2.atspace.com

  • Re: Implementing byte stream cipher
    ... TC schrieb: ... the keystream is reused, which kill security with *any* stream cipher. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Backup von =?windows-1252?Q?verschl=FCsselten_Daten_in_?= =?windows-1252?Q?die_Cloud?=
    ... Ich denke das es klar ersichtlich ist, dass der IV (oder Nonce = Number only used once) nach allen Möglichkeiten *nicht* für die Verschlüsselung einer zweiten Datei mit dem gleichen Keyword verwendet werden darf. ... Hier wird der Schüsselwert für die Initalisierungsroutine des Stream Cipher erstellt. ... Enc_Key = next 64 keystream byte ... Wenn Du Einmaligkeit willst, numerier halt ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Encryption key longer than text to encrypt
    ... In such a context, the OTP key and the keystream share the same idea, ... clearly understand that the bottleneck for a stream cipher is the key ... bits would be (assuming 8 bit characters. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Problem CipherMode.CFB in symmetric encryption
    ... But the best solution would be of course to implement CTR mode for your ... You are guaranteed against keystream cycles, ... you can truncate last block of keystream wherever you ... > I don't want to use a real stream cipher as there isn't a huge number of ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Problem CipherMode.CFB in symmetric encryption
    ... Valery Pryamikov wrote: ... > But the best solution would be of course to implement CTR mode for your ... > stream cipher. ... > keystream in advance and in parallel and it gives you best security. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)