Re: Quickly finding large primes

jstevh@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have found a trivially easy way to rapidly find large primes.
[flush]
No, you haven't. You read somewhere about quadratic character tables
being used to speed up factorization. As always, you ran straight to
usenet to claim, falsely, that you know more about the matter than
anyone else.

sci.crypt people: James Harris is one of world's best-known and
most-hopeless mathematical cranks. Google up some of his _thousands_ of
claims of great new discoveries on sci.math ("Believe it or not, reply
quality there is abysmal, far worse than here.") to see what I mean.

and then you have an 88.88% probability that it is coprime to 17.

LOL. You get better odds -- 94% -- with a completely arbitrary number.

  • Re: Factorizaton idea, revisited
    ... In fact j and k are NOT free but are determined by the factorization ... while the other involves taking a square root. ... I am NOT interested in discussing further on Usenet though, ... Those of you who are doing original research need to heed my story, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Stupid Audio Quote of the Day
    ... I know how childish you can be. ... are straight up front. ... don't think there's a single sane person on Usenet who reads your ... I'm sorry I ever let you into my house. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: Gay News; Just how many straight; men out there have sex with men...
    ... straight. ... USEnet who SAY they are straight.... ... onto you the character defect they see in themselves and they will ... more money. ...
    (alt.religion.christian)
  • New Way to Factor
    ... from its factorization get the factorization of the hard number. ... I'm going to just make this announcement on Usenet and walk away, ... try to lie here, like usual. ... *SOMEONE* will pay attention mathematicians. ...
    (sci.math)